General Welfare Schemes For Ex-Servicemen
1. Horizontal reservation of vacancies in Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts for Ex-Servicemen
- 20% in Group ‘D’ posts and 10% in Group ‘C’ posts shall be reserved for Ex-servicemen for their reemployment in the Union territory of Puducherry.
2. Priority through the Employment Exchange
- Wives of Serving Defence Personnel of this Union Territory shall be given Priority II (One year relaxation in seniority) in filling up of vacancies through Employment Exchange.
3. State Legal-aid
- State Legal-aid Cell shall offer free legal assistance to Defence Serving Personnel who are natives of this Union Territory/ Ex-servicemen and their families.
4. Horizontal reservation in higher education
- Reservation of 1% of seats for admission in Government recognised medical colleges through CENTAC, Puducherry shall be allowed to the wards of Defence Serving Personnel who are natives of this Union Territory and Ex-servicemen/widows who have registered their names in the Department of Sainik Welfare.
(a). Reservation of 3% of seats for admission in all other Government recognised higher educational institutions including admissions made through CENTAC, Puducherry shall be allowed to the wards of Defence Serving Personnel who are natives of this Union Territory and Ex-servicemen/widows who have registered their names in the Department of Sainik Welfare.
(b). Such personnel having continuous period of five years study of the ward of Ex-Servicemen in any school/college of Puducherry Union Territory for availing facility of ex-servicemen quota for higher education from Puducherry Union Territory.
5. Exemption from payment of examination fees
- The Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from payment of application/ examination fees for recruitment to Group ‘C’ posts, provided that they were discharged and awarded with Defence pension.
6. Exemption from payment of stamp duty
- Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from stamp duty for executing of attorney by ex-members of Defence Services or their heirs or dependents in favour of their agents or representatives for the purpose of representing them at the hearing of their appeals under the Pension Appeal Tribunal Rule, 1946.
7. Exemption from appearing for physical efficiency test for recruitment in uniformed services
- Ex-servicemen who were discharged and awarded with Defence pension shall be exempted from appearing for physical efficiency test for recruitment to uniformed service viz., Police, Fire Service and Jail Department of this Union Territory.
8. Priority in medical treatment at Government hospitals
- Priority in treatment and admission for Ex-servicemen/widows shall be given by the Government Medical Institutions and JIPMER Hospital, if recommended by the Department of Sainik Welfare.
9. Age concession
- The Ex-servicemen shall enjoy age concession of 3 years more in addition to the period of service rendered by them in defence services for re employment in Central and State Government and other Public Sector Undertakings.
10. Assignment of agricultural land or free house site
- Pondicherry Land Grants Rules, 1975 provide assignment of agricultural lands to Ex-servicemen/widows according to the following priority as a measure of rehabilitation subject to availability of land fSchemes at a Glanceor disposal.
(a) Families of servicemen killed in action;
(b) Ex-servicemen who have been disabled in action;
(c) Other Ex-servicemen;
(d) Widow of Ex-servicemen.
11. Reservation of 3% in allotment of house site/plot/flat through Puducherry Housing Board/Societies
- 3% reservation shall be admissible for allotment of house site/plot/flat on sale to Ex-servicemen/ widows through the Puducherry Housing Board/Housing Societies.
12. Cash grant to gallantry and distinguished service award winners
- Cash incentive, cash in lieu of land and annuity to Armed Forces personnel honoured with gallantry and distinguished service awards as per Gazette of Puducherry No. 87, dated 26-10-1999.
13. Grant-in-aid for welfare of Ex-Servicemen
- Grant-in-aid shall be released from the State Budget every year for payment of Subsistance Allowance and implementation of other welfare schemes in Ex-Servicemen and their dependents, as approved by the Government of Puducherry from time to time.
14. Sainik rest-house (Jawan Bhavan)
- Whenever any Defence Serving Personnel or any Ex-Servicemen/widows from other States/Union Territories visit Puducherry for any purpose individually or with their family member, they may stay in the Sainik rest-house (Jawan Bhavan), Puducherry as the laid down concessional rates to the Government of Puducherry Union Territory.
15. Exemption from payment of house tax
- Ex-servicemen/widows shall be exempted from the payment of house-tax for their single dwelling buildings as per G. O. Ms. No. 9/LAS/2005, dated 17-6-2005 and G. O. Ms. No.70/LAS/2007, dated 31-10-2007 issued by the Local Administration Department, Puducherry. This exemption shall be admissible to all such buildings registered in the name of the Ex-servicemen or their dependents without any restriction on coverage of built-up area.